"Saturdays Get-together" Road Trip


Early Saturday morning Missie  (Hallbrook Designs) and Kathy (Kindred Quilts) and myself  met at a local antique mall--- our instantaneous hugs and smiles insured the beginning of a delightful day. We met  Julie (Me and My Stitches) at the Woolen Needle, Williamsburg, Iowa --- there after we began a day of visiting, laughter,"shopping" and, not to forget, eating, too!!
 
Entering the Woolen Needle, I thought to myself ... now I'm in trouble ...I will have to contain myself!
 
Wonderful choices...everywhere! Oh my....
 
Our next stop was Inspirations!!  I thought with a quilt shop with this name---hummm, I'm in real trouble. I proceeded inside anyway!!


Can't say I didn't warn you!

 
I warned myself, too--- lot of good it did as there was ohhhh's and ahhh's!
 
I showed Gene (DH) pictures I had taken of our days events. He noted we all seem to gravitate to the same type of fabric and quilt shops. I told him, we all came out of the same fabric mold! 
Kathy has already addressed our adventurous road trip on her blog. For her summation of our day and additional pictures--- please visit her blog.

Sneak peek of our "Show and Tell" ...next post!
 
Have a great week!
xoxox, Carolyn


Comments

  1. Sounds like fun! Wish I had such wonderful shops near me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shop pictures Carolyn!
    Love that 3D star.
    Happy to hear you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so enjoyed seeing everyone's reports of the day. What a grand day out! My kind of friends--my kind of shops!!
    For my budget's sake, it is probably a good thing I am so far away. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolyn it was a pleasure meeting you on Saturday. I love your art work you have posted on your blog! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say is WOW!! What great selections of fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you and I are the picture takers of this group... we did a great job, don't you think? Thanks again for the delicious oatmeal cookies, and the delightful conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great weekend. Can't wait to see what you brought home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you all had a good day together. Those shops look fabulous. Look forward to more photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun. So many great shops in one day with friends. Very special.
    Looking forward to seeing your purchases. Also looking forward to seeing the Kalona pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun...and what wonderful shops! Too funny..."we all came out of the same fabric mold!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. TOO FUN! Can't wait to read more about that beautiful Moravian star!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello my love, good morning,
    what nice, so great shops and i am so far a way... one time ....

    creative regards Marika

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like walking in paradise, all these fantastic quiltshops. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What lovely fabric shops you have within your reach - none near were I live so my fabric shopping is done on line. Looks like you had a fun day! Love the 3D star :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful pics and amazing stores. You did have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A day out with friends...it doesn't get much better than that! Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Our life as a quiltster is difficult, is'nt it??!! So much temptation, unbearable hihi. But .... next time you go there I want to be with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun day!!! I love that 3-D EPP star that you featured in a photo....wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You gals must have had a wonderful day from the sounds of it!!! I was on a bus trip earlier this summer and one of our stops was Inspirations..it is a wonderful shop. Looking forward to see your "sneak peak" in your next post...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh what a fun, fun trip!! That shop looked too cute, too -- I'd have had a *good* time in there! I can't wait to get a full explanation of your "sneak peak" project!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's That Time Of The Year Again!!

Hello, How Are You All Doing?

New Year, New Ideas, Projects To Work On and Packing up Christmas 2016!